randalljazz    0

this site won't allow me to "like" (says i've reached my quota for the day, although i haven't "liked" anything---guess my quota is zero)

...anyway, thank you, stu. lots of cool stuff there.

stublag    0

Thank you Eugenio

No mostly these are things i've picked up--not online but way before in the late 1980's early 1990's when i used to trade scores and recordings with Ronoel Simoes.I also got a lot of rare scores and recordings from a crazy Russian conductor who lived in Brazil and who knew absolutely everybody.

Nowadays i'm a professional Jazz guitarist in London UK but i also played Choro a lot some years ago.This is me on cavaquinho and my friend Jon Preiss on violao sete cordas.

cheers Stu

Edited by stublag

Dan    0

Nice blog, I had no idea that Garoto had recorded solo guitar arrangements of other people's works, I always had the impression that he only recorded his own works.

Where did you find those records? Have they been compiled into a commercially available CD or something like that? Oh, and nice rendition, you're quite an accomplished cavaquino player!

stublag    0

Garoto recorded quite a few compositions for solo guitar by other composers-Gnattali of course,Nazareth,Haydn String quartet arrangement,Mendelssohn,Matilde by Armandinho Neves and even The Man I Love by Gershwin.I got these recordings through Ronoel Simoes in Sao Paulo via a friend who was a conductor in Brazil.I'll upload more recordings on the blog soon.

Thanks for the kind words--my main focus these days is Django Reinhardt style but i still love playing Brazilian guitar music.

cheers

Edited by stublag

stublag    0

"https://brazilianguitararchive.wordpress.com/ is marked private by its owner. If you were invited to view this site, please log in below."

How can I be invited?

For the moment i am just posting scores etc in the Yahoo Brazilian Guitar Archive group so if you join that group you'll have access to them.Its an open group so you can become a member easily.

Stu