Savona SN 20

• Por favor, faça o login para responder
27 respostas neste tópico

#1 Kedabc

Kedabc

• Members
  • 2 posts

Postado 03 agosto 2008 - 02:09

Can anyone help me out with finding info on a Savona SN20 made in Brazil about 30 - 40 years ago?

#2 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8.209 posts

Postado 03 agosto 2008 - 01:50

Hi Kedabc,

Welcome to the forum. I'd recommend looking at Mercado Livre, the equivalent of eBay in Brazil:

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br

You have to understand Portuguese in order to navigate the site. You also have a good chance of finding someone with a basic knowledge of English selling the guitar, but don't take that for granted.

What's so special about the Savona SN20?

#3 Julian J. Ludwig

Julian J. Ludwig

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5.342 posts

Postado 03 agosto 2008 - 04:01

Welcome to the forum Kedabc.

#4 Kedabc

Kedabc

• Members
  • 2 posts

Postado 04 agosto 2008 - 12:32

I recently aquired this guitar. It is in perfect condition, no nicks or scratches and everything is in like new. It has been stored for nearly thirty years. I am an amatuer guitar collector but have been unable to find any information. I normally do not collect classical guitars, but there was something about this one that was interesting.

#5 Bok Choy

Bok Choy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Postado 18 maio 2009 - 08:41

I have a savona SN 20 I bought it at a silent auction. It plays better than any classical that I've ever played. I am not a good player. A guitar shop told me they wanted to buy it. Don't know anything about it. Mine has what looks like a flower at the top of the headstock.

#6 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8.209 posts

Postado 18 maio 2009 - 08:54

Hi Bok Choy, welcome to the forum. I'm curious to see pictures of your guitar, if you can post some of them here in the forum, that'll be greatly appreciated.

#7 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8.209 posts

Postado 30 maio 2009 - 10:18

Bok Choy was kind enough to send me some pictures of his Savona SN-20, here they are:

#8 Bok Choy

Bok Choy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Postado 31 maio 2009 - 12:20

I am thinking that the bridge, fret board and the laminate face of the head is rosewood. The top seems to be a fine grain spruce. I have no idea what the back, sides, and neck are made of. It is a very strange grain.

Bok Choy

#9 Tone Meister

Tone Meister

• Members
  • 6 posts

Postado 18 outubro 2009 - 04:10

QUOTE (Bok Choy @ May 30 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thinking that the bridge, fret board and the laminate face of the head is rosewood. The top seems to be a fine grain spruce. I have no idea what the back, sides, and neck are made of. It is a very strange grain.

Bok Choy

Hi everyone. I also have a Savona classical that I'd like information about if possible. I just acquired a Savona AWN 20, also made in Brazil. Mine seems to have some different woods than what Bok Choy described for his SN 20. The neck and head stock are solid wood rather than laminated. I am not a wood expert but I believe the back and sides of the body are rosewood and the fretboard certainly is rosewood. Perhaps someone here could confirm or refute that if I were to post some pictures? The top is a beautiful light-grained wood, but what it is I have no idea. It could be spruce, but I'm just not sure. The grain doesn't seem tight enough for spruce. No idea what wood the neck is made of.

I came across another forum where one guy said these could be worth as much as $2000-$2500 because of the rare woods. I know this one does sound very powerful and full compared to many other classicals I've played, probably because of the Brazilian rosewood. Kind of interesting given the small body.

Has anyone learned any more about these since the last post? If so, wonder what the fundamental differences are between the SN 20 and the AWN 20? Thanks in advance everyone.

#10 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Postado 18 outubro 2009 - 07:04

I can't open the pictures. When I try, Windows Media Player picks them up as music files rather than jpeg photos...