• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

I got this e-mail from David Jerome a couple of weeks ago and didn't have the proper time to mention, but here it goes and I think some of you guys might be interested in his work.

Dear friend of the guitar

As a performer and teacher I hope you will take an interest in the recently published folio “The Brazilian Guitar of Dilermando Reis.” Authorized by the artist's estate, it contains accurate transcriptions of fourteen previously unpublished works by the man often referred to as “Brazil’s most famous popular guitarist,” and an illustrated biographical essay. It is presently only available through my website, www.jeromeguitar.com. If you missed my article in Soundboard magazine (winter 2005) you will find a text only version at the site, along with the usual assortment of mp3s, video links, and a free sample from the folio, the valsa “Terno Olhar.”

Thank you and best wishes
David Jerome
http://www.jeromeguitar.com

#2 João Lima

João Lima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

I bought the folio already and was very impressed by the quality of the work. David Jerome is a true fan of Dilermando and cut no corners in the making of this great work. Highly recommended.

#3 fdoucette

fdoucette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

I also have the folio and do recommend it. David told me that he is working with Dilermando's family to compile a full biography for eventual publication. He has also recorded a very nice CD of Dilermando's music which is not advertised on his website. It was all done on a nylon-stringed instrument (and is far better than Dilermando's own attempts at recording on such an instrument). I would recommend emailing him about the CD if interested.

#4 João Lima

João Lima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

David mailed me the CD along with the folio at no extra cost. Very good work!

#5 fdoucette

fdoucette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(João Lima @ Mar 9 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
David mailed me the CD along with the folio at no extra cost. Very good work!

You are fortunate indeed! I had to pay $10 extra for the CD, still it was money well spent.