• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 randalljazz

randalljazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:23 AM

while searching for joao donato, i encountered this wonderful player. search of this site revealed no mentioned of him on the english side. great jazz cello of jaques morelenbaum, also. one commentator on youtube noted :

tem mais gringo q brasileiro nos comentarios...de certa forma me entristece saber q o povo brasileiro nao dá o devido valor a bossa nova...lula galvao eh o cara

roughly (did not know we are "gringos" in brazil, tooPosted Image ) :

has more gringo q Brazilian in the comments ... in a way it saddens me qo Brazilian people not fairly value the bossa nova ... Lula Galvão is the man

outa vez

bananeira

#2 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Lula Galvao is really a great player, and for the last couple of years and he's been playing with Guinga.

The comments about the "gringos" are very common, instrumentalists can have a hard time to find the recognition they deserve in their native Brazil and a lot of great players develop a career overseas out of necessity, not just because they want to have their music recognized beyond their own country.

#3 randalljazz

randalljazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

lula's cd as leader is currently available < $1 (excess promo copies or something) i paid way more, and worth every penny. this is the best brazilian jazz guitar i've ever heard. do yourself a favor and snap one up.

Posted Image
amazon

#4 Kristi_Shannon

Kristi_Shannon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi randalljazz,

You are just full of good news lately! :thumbsupsmiley:

I just ordered this on Amazon...love this guy, too! Can't wait to check out the CD!

Thanks for the info!