Last Dance - Original Composition

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DanielDelFuego

DanielDelFuego

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

This is an original composition inspired by the playing of Yamandu Costa, with my 14-year-old brother on violin:

#2 ronjazz

ronjazz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

Nice. Big flamenco influence in your playing. When are you going to 7-string?

#3 randalljazz

randalljazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

OUTSTANDING!!!

you should definitely apply your talents to composition, daniel. :thumbsup:

#4 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Sounds great, it's in the Yamandu style with the addition of flamenco techniques and style. :thumbsup:

#5 Renato Candro

Renato Candro

Old Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hi Daniel. Great perform.
If I may say something, I would like to see it with you exploring more dynamic in certain parts.
It reminded me of Al di Meola and Jean Luc Ponty. See the video.
Congratulations. :parabens:

#6 Kristi_Shannon

Kristi_Shannon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Amazing! I think Yamandu would feel honored by this! Well done! :thumbsupsmiley:

#7 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

Fabulous! I assume you play professionally. If not, why not?

#8 DanielDelFuego

DanielDelFuego

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thank you all for the kind words! I do play professionally -- I have a number of CDs out, available on my website [ARROBA] http://www.danielvolovets.com -- but I am also pursuing medicine in university (I am 19 years old).

#9 Kristi_Shannon

Kristi_Shannon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

Thank you all for the kind words! I do play professionally -- I have a number of CDs out, available on my website [ARROBA] http://www.danielvolovets.com -- but I am also pursuing medicine in university (I am 19 years old).

Well, Daniel, you may know this already but Guinga (the Brazilian composer) was a practicing dentist, so I suppose it's possible to do both, if not exactly easy! But I really hope you will keep up with the guitar no matter what, because you've obviously got a very special talent. :thumbsupsmiley:

#10 DanielDelFuego

DanielDelFuego

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Well, Daniel, you may know this already but Guinga (the Brazilian composer) was a practicing dentist, so I suppose it's possible to do both, if not exactly easy! But I really hope you will keep up with the guitar no matter what, because you've obviously got a very special talent. :thumbsupsmiley:

I actually didn't know this! Does he still work as a dentist? There are definitely examples out there of professional musicians who are in the medical field, though -- Polish composer Krzysztof Komeda was also a practicing physician, and jazz pianist Denny Zeitlin is a clinical professor of psychiatry and has had his private practice for around 30 years.