• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kristi_Shannon

Kristi_Shannon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just heard this for the first time and thought I'd share. I really like the swing that this guitarist has going; and Chico and Roberta sound very nice together:

#2 Eugenio

Eugenio

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hi Kristi, Roberta Sá is some sort of rising star in the "MPB", you might be interested in checking out a CD she recorded with Trio Madeira Brasil, the title is "Quando o Canto é Reza". Great stuff. She also sings some standards, as the one below:

#3 Mário Sampaio

Mário Sampaio

Old Member

• Moderators
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

And she is gorgeous. rsrsrsA great singer, no doubt.

#4 Mário Sampaio

Mário Sampaio

Old Member

• Moderators
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

And she is gorgeous. rsrsrsA great singer, no doubt.

#5 Kristi_Shannon

Kristi_Shannon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi Kristi, Roberta Sá is some sort of rising star in the "MPB", you might be interested in checking out a CD she recorded with Trio Madeira Brasil, the title is "Quando o Canto é Reza". Great stuff. She also sings some standards, as the one below:

That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing! I'm not very familiar with Ney Motogrosso's singing, but this has really got me interested. He sings with such style and passion! I know he was popular back in the 70's/80's? but I like him singing in this intimate way; it really shows that his voice is still strong.

And I agree, Mário, apart from being talented, she is a very beautiful young lady! :D