DRAMA is reallly the only word to describe it. no.gif

Harry, have you tried e-mails too? No answer at all?

What a shame!angry.gif

DRAMA is reallly the only word to describe it. no.gif

Harry, have you tried e-mails too? No answer at all?

What a shame!angry.gif

Yes, I've tried e-mails and PMs, but he hasn't answered me since 14 December when he told me he was still waiting for the shipment of cases. It's now almost 3 years since I placed the order and more than 2 years since I paid the instrument in full. Thank you, Guto, for your concern, and also Eugenio. My only hope is that he is working so hard with my Voboam that he doesn't have time to answer e-mails and PMs!

Best wishes

Harry

Yes, I've tried e-mails and PMs, but he hasn't answered me since 14 December when he told me he was still waiting for the shipment of cases. It's now almost 3 years since I placed the order and more than 2 years since I paid the instrument in full. Thank you, Guto, for your concern, and also Eugenio. My only hope is that he is working so hard with my Voboam that he doesn't have time to answer e-mails and PMs!

Best wishes

Harry

It seems same things are happening everywhere.

It might be helpful to you to visit the site below;

http://www.mail-archive.com/lute[ARROBA]cs.dartmouth.edu/msg31568.html

Ken

P.S.

The corespondence in that site are as follows;

[LUTE] Re: Luciano Faria

S W

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:05:21 -0800

Well that sounds promising. I think actually completing outstanding orders will go a long way to repairing his reputation and may even drive more business to him if he shows dedication enough to overcome hardship and meet his responsibilities.I sent him my new email but, just in case, he can reach me at stevensebastian at gmail dot com.Looking forward to hearing from Luciano,Steven----- Original Message ----From: "Robison, John" <robi...@arts.usf.edu>To: "lute[ARROBA]cs.dartmouth.edu" <lute[ARROBA]cs.dartmouth.edu>Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 6:24:42 AMSubject: [LUTE] Re: Luciano Faria Hi Steven, I am sorry to hear that you have suffered a similar fate, particularly with two instrument makers!!! Interestingly, after about one day of lutelist discussions about this that I generated, I did finally get an e-mail from Faria, the first one in about twenty-two months (after many tries). He said that he has seven more instruments to build before he gets to my double order, and my order was submitted in January 2007, so if that is true, then this may give you some idea of where you stand with your order in the lineup. Anyway, wherever you are, I am sorry to hear this, and I hope that you will hear from him. John O. Robison ------ Forwarded Message From: S W <[1]sszun...@yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:59:40 -0500 To: Ron Fletcher <[2]ron.fletc...@ntlworld.com>, "[3]l...@cs.dartmouth.edu" <[4]l...@cs.dartmouth.edu> Subject: [LUTE] Re: Luciano Faria At some point Luciano's reputation needs to be tarnished. I have sent him money and I have not received a lute. Nor have I received a phone call, email, or letter explaining the situation. I have not received a new estimated date of delivery or acknowledgement that he owes me an instrument. I did, at one point, receive an offer to send me another instrument he had built (probably from someone else). He told me he would send details and never did. Interestingly enough (or sad enough) this is the second luthier who has screwed me over. The first was Szymon Gasienica, a Polish luthier who was building me a 6-course lute. He also has my money and I have no instrument. Steven ----- Original Message ---- From: Ron Fletcher <[5]ron.fletc...@ntlworld.com> To: "[6]l...@cs.dartmouth.edu" <[7]l...@cs.dartmouth.edu> Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 12:16:29 PM Subject: [LUTE] Re: Luciano Faria The truth that he is long overdue in making instruments and not communicating is not disputed. It is the reason why he does not communicate that could save his reputation. Has his workshop been destroyed in a blaze, earthquake or flood? Is he suffering ill-health (physical/mental), died, hospitalized, or is he in jail? It could be that someone else is accepting his orders whilst he is indisposed, believing that he will fulfill his obligations when he returns to full health, (or liberty). Or, is this someone posing as Luciano Faria (without his knowledge), making easy money? Does any of this make Luciano Faria guilty of fraud? There are probably a dozen other possibilities I haven't yet thought of. But all these speculations need to be investigated properly. That can only be done by meeting him face to face. A telephone conversation does not qualify in this respect. He should be given the chance to be honest with his customers if he realizes he can no longer produce instruments. Only then can the possibility of reimbursement be considered. Best Wishes Ron (UK)

Harry, sorry to hear that this drama with the voboam is still going on, we all hope that it'll be solved for good any time soon.

Luciano can't have been waiting half a year for the cases, so obviously he has also sold this guitar to someone else like he did with the first one that I paid in full 2,5 years ago. I sent him an ultimatum 13 of April, saying that if i did not get the guitar by the end of May, I would expose him and tell about my sad experiences with him on a Brazilian Guitar Forum of which we both are members. I don't like to do it like that, but since he hasn't answered , let alone coming with some sort of explanation, I think I have no other options left. But I am open for good advice in case you feel this to be a little too drastic.

Best wishes

Harry

Harry, I feel really sorry for the ordeal you've been going through. I'd say it has become indefensible for Luciano at this point, his reputation will hardly ever be the same, but unfortunately, I doubt that any actions you take on guitar forums will have any effect. This topic has been open for quite a while and Luciano never bothered to come here and talk about the issue. And trust me, he knows about what's been said here.

Harry, I feel really sorry for the ordeal you've been going through. I'd say it has become indefensible for Luciano at this point, his reputation will hardly ever be the same, but unfortunately, I doubt that any actions you take on guitar forums will have any effect. This topic has been open for quite a while and Luciano never bothered to come here and talk about the issue. And trust me, he knows about what's been said here.

I guess you are right, Eugenio, so I think I will leave it at that. I also got a bit of reassuring news from a member of an early guitar forum, so things might turn out well in the end after all. I also learnt from him that Luciano doesn't speak or write English, so he is dependent of a helper. That may account for his many unanswered PMs and e-mails. He decribed Luciano as a fair and trustworthy person...... let's see if he lives up to it. I'll inform the forum if anything happens! Thanks for your concern all of you, not least Samuel Huh who has done a lot to help me.

Best wishes

Harry

I think you remain too charitable in your view of him. He has ripped you off, and his knowledge of English doesn't matter, only the paid-for, undelivered guitar. Good luck...

I think you remain too charitable in your view of him. He has ripped you off, and his knowledge of English doesn't matter, only the paid-for, undelivered guitar. Good luck...

Yes, Richard, I definitely feel cheated, let down and being failed by Mr. Faria, not least since he so many times has informed me that my Voboam was ready for shipment and then....nothing happens, it turns out to be more or less lies or a sort of delay tactics. But I guess there is not much for me to do, sitting her up north. I still DO harbour a small hope that deeeeep inside of Luciano there might be a teeny-weeny gentleman that protests against his treatment of me Let's hope this teeny-weeny gentleman gets the better of him!!

Luciano is really harming his reputation. I told this to him, and I am very sad to hear that Harry didn't get his Voboam yet. He is a very fine luthier, but this events are unexcusable.

Harry, please, spread the news: everyone in this situation, please, contact me on my email contato[ARROBA]guitanda.com.

I will try to do a list of all similar customers, and address it with Luciano when I meet him to get my case and my guitar label put. On this email, the people would have to inform me:

name

type of instrument orderd (specs)

date of original delivery estimate

price

payments made so far

Let me see if I can try a last attempt to help.