Sign in to follow this  
rschwa9966

A great Paulinho Nogueira piece done by Troubleclef

This was posted within the last day.

Here is Troubleclef's description from Youtube:

"Aruanda" (or, "Take Me To Aruanda")

Music by Carlos Lyra and Geraldo Vandré

Arrangement by Paulinho Nogueira

"Another brilliant knuckle buster from the brain and fingers of the astonishing Paulinho Nogueira. I've been working on this thing all summer and here it is Thanksgiving and this is about as good as i can get it. But I'll keep trying."

Troubleclef is a very musical player, I like his style and he has a thing for the Brazilian guitar.

Paulinho Nogueira has an interesting arrangement for "Mas que Nada", which was a big hit worldwide a few decades ago. I'll see if I find any videos of people playing that arrangement.

Really nice arrangement of "Aruanda"! In reading the comments, it seems Troubleclef learns the songs by ear...sounds like he's got great ears! And his right hand is so relaxed. Always loved that song...the one that Astrud Gilberto sings has a jubilant trombone solo in it. Thanks for sharing!

You guys are probably aware that technology has made things a little bit easier when it comes to play by ear. There are some software that are capable of slowing down some pieces of music without changing the pitch, or even the opposite, change the pitch without changing the speed. I must confess that I have used SlowDowner more than a few times in the past...

http://www.ronimusic.com