Sign in to follow this  
rebelatto

Belluci Guitars

I recently came across this website and was surprised by the (relatively) low price of these luthier-made guitars. Does anyone have or have played any of them? The site also has some recordings, but you know how that goes... If you did, please share your impressions and buying experience.

Here is the site: http://www.mangore.com/bellucci_guitars.html#3

Thanks!

Marlon, you might run a search on these guitars on the delcamp forum, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of useful information. If you are looking for handmade guitars at a reasonable price Loriente "Clarita" is also a very good option!

Best wishes

Harry

Those guitars are made in Paraguay. I'm not sure about the quality, but I believe the low price is partly due to the fact that they are made there.

Marlon, did you get your Lineu Bravo yet?

Hi Eugenio,

The Lineu Bravo is the "oven". I should be getting it in February or so. I can't wait! But I am always in the look out for interesting guitars with reasonable prices. Even though these Belluci guitars sounded interesting, I still think a study-type Samuel Carvalho or Polegario would sound better. The Belluci website seemed to be pushing it so hard on the marketing side that it made me wonder about the real quality of these guitars.

Thanks and Happy 2010 for you all!

Marlon, the other posters here are being too polite. If you investigated the threads at other classical guitar forums (Acoustic Guitar, Delcamp and Guitar Salon International), you'll find that a lot of people have been ripped off by Belluci.

Marlon, again I would advice you to have a look at Loriente Guitars, with a price range from ca. $1600 -"Clarita" -to more than $4000 -"Sofia"-. I don't think you will find anyone speaking badly of them, just run a search on Delcamp forum. I have a spruce Clarita myself, and I love her, she compares favourably to guitars twice that price.

Good luck in your search for a good guitar!

Harry

Hi:

I bought a bellucci guitar last year around June.

At this point, I feel regreted for spending about 2300 USD on this guitar.

1. The finishing on the guitar is not good. From the picture he had taken, it looks fine, but close inspection is terrible.

2. I have taken a picture of the inside guitar. It is a mess.

3. For sound wise, the 4th string D" does not sound "natural"...

xxx