Sign in to follow this  
rocha

Rádio online

Um serviço social prestado a todos! :D

http://www.superplayer.fm/

além da separação por genero, tem também umas classificações engraçadas como "impressionando os amigos hipsters". As playlists são bem boladas (no momento ouvindo a de bossa nova).

Welllll, I clicked on "Funk Carioca" and my ears were immediately assaulted with "O Baile Todo" by Bonde do Tigrão (apparently the Brasilian version of "Who Let the Dogs Out"). I'll thank you after I regain my hearing.

Seriously, thanks for this! I've never been able to choose from so many different types of Brasilian music (usually I've only been able to choose between MPB and Bossa Nova). YAY! I'm gonna have fun with this! :D

Edited by patskywriter

Yea Pat, also happened to me hahahaha.

There are some really weird playlists like this one, but some others really, REALLY deep like "samba de raíz" or "bossa nova" bringing some stuff that usually you can't find that easily.

Yeah, I've been clicking around and listening to some really nice stuff—like Pixinguinha, Paulinho da Viola, and Elis Regina! I hope to find something by my man Jackson do Pandeiro soon. :)

Essa história de funk e música brasileira no rádio acabou me lembrando de outra coisa. Eu me considero um cara extremamente liberal em termos de música, ouço de tudo, mas eu sei que certas coisas são bem diferentes entre si, de forma que quando eu vejo certas associações, eu fico sem compreender.

A música "Mainha, Painho, ele já me comeu e eu vou morar com ele" não é algo que eu identificaria com Tom Jobim, mas foi isso que aconteceu no vídeo abaixo, onde a cantora americana (Amanda Stone) diz que a música em questão lembrou o estilo do compositor carioca.

Aqui a versão original:

Aqui a versão em inglês e a comparaçao com Jobim está em 3:12:

Eu não tenho palavras. :icon_eek:

kkkk... Pô, Eugenio, tá na cara que tudo isso não passa de uma brincadeira.

E eu ri muito aqui. Não sei qual vídeo é mais engraçado, o primeiro ou o segundo. :24:

Eugenio, please don't take Amanda Stone seriously! We North Americans have a long history of performing bad music as satire (which might explain my unexplained devotion to Walter Wanderley). Way back in the 1960s, jazz impresario and TV host Steve Allen used to read horrible pop-music lyrics as poetry. We love that sort of thing!

Both the performance and the interview were done tongue in cheek. The very mention, and mispronunciation of "Tom" Jobím, was a dead giveaway. :)

Edited by patskywriter

We also have that type of satire all the time in Brazil, but I have to admit that she got on this one, hard to tell it was just a joke, although I almost laughed histerically when I first watched the video... Anyway, I still have my doubts whether it's just a joke! :icon_twisted:

I saw some Americans saying Tom Jobim instead of Antonio Carlos Jobim, that's kind of typical for people who've been exposed to Brazilian music for a long time.

… I saw some Americans saying Tom Jobim instead of Antonio Carlos Jobim, that's kind of typical for people who've been exposed to Brazilian music for a long time.

Sure, I know about Jobím's nickname—but I was referring to her using the incorrect short-O sound instead of the long-O sound.

(Thank you for ignoring the fact that I admitted to liking Walter Wanderley. Whew! Don't tell anybody.) :)

Walter Wanderley is nice!

Trust me, you don't wanna know the kind of stuff I sometimes listen to when I'm alone. Mainha, Painho would pale in comparison... :devilsmiley: