Sign in to follow this  

rsz_s575461175772732310_p5_i5_w1280.jpg

I have just released a new album, titled "Wistful Tendrils." Like my previous albums, it features a mix of original compositions, classical, jazz, flamenco, and Brazilian music, but this time, there is a neo-Renaissance/fairy tale theme. The arrangements on the CD include a solo guitar rendition of Antonio Carlos Jobim's beautiful "Retrato em Branco e Preto" and a rendition of "Invenção Em 7 1/2," a gorgeous piece by the Brazilian guitarist Baden Powell that has never been transcribed or recorded by anyone since!

You may listen to samples and order the CD here: http://www.danielvolovets.com/wistful-tendrils-2015.html

For everyone who pre-orders the album, I'll send you (1) 320 kbps MP3 files of the tracks right away, (2) a physical copy of the album when it comes out (~2 weeks from now), and (3) your choice of one of my previous albums.

-Daniel

Edited by DanielDelFuego

Daniel, congratulations on the new CD, I listened to some of the samples, very interesting and varied repertoire.

Sounds like Retrato em Branco e Preto uses an alternate tuning with a lower bass?

Daniel, congratulations on the new CD, I listened to some of the samples, very interesting and varied repertoire.

Sounds like Retrato em Branco e Preto uses an alternate tuning with a lower bass?

Thank you so much, Eugenio. :) Yes, I tuned the 6th string down to a B and both the 5th and 3rd strings down to F#!

Great stuff, Daniel, you honor your last name and you are a fiery guitarist, amigo! :-)

:) It was a nickname given to me when I was a kid by a former teacher's brother. Thank you so much!

Edited by DanielDelFuego